Friday, September 16, 2011

American Apparel Warehouse Sale Montreal 2011


American Apparel is hosting it's warehouse sale again in Montreal!
September 16th-21st.
5430 Ferrier Street
Montreal, QC

I was super excited to go to the sale. Last time I went, about a year or two ago, it was horribly messy and I didn't have the patience to dig through boxes to find things. I ended up buying nothing that time. But I regret it now, at least that sale had good stock. This time around... practically everything had a defect of some sort on it; whether it be a hole, stain, broken zipper, etc. It was a warehouse sale, none of the ads advertised damaged items were to be the majority of the stock.

Needless to say I was very disappointed. I'm not a die-hard American Apparel fan and would never go out of my way to buy damaged clothing just because it was cheap (unless it was honestly a couple dollars.) But for the price I was paying at this sale, I wasn't about to pay the amount for defect items. I would have gladly done it if it was in retail condition.. hence a WAREHOUSE SALE. It was not worth the trip at all. It took me about 40 minutes to get there from school and it was cold!

I had a couple of things I had in mind that I wanted to pick up. I ended up only buying 2 items but it was worth it. The hour long wait was horrid. It was drawing closer and closer to noon and i wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything this time. I made sure to walk around the entire warehouse before leaving.


After watching Miss A's "Good Girl Bad Girl" MV a while back, I've always wanted to get the petticoat slip skirt. It's so puffy and feminine and it flows so nicely when it moves. I originally wanted it in black, like Suzy's, but they only had it in white at the sale. I have too much black clothing and white is the alternative color in my closet usually. I decided I needed the white petticoat just as much as the black one to wear with my more feminine pieces.


So I ended up buying the white reversible petticoat slip skirt for $20 (Originally $82 CAD) and a plain white t-shirt for $8 (Originally $25 CAD.)


I've wanted an American Apparel white v neck tee for quite a while now. But I could never justify paying the $25 for it. Sure, the quality was really good, but I hardly ever buy things not on sale. (American Apparel "sales" aren't what I call deals.) Anyways I was going to get the organic blend in a size small but then realized there were noticeable stains that were quite large on the back of a sleeve, and that it was probably a unisex small and put it down. I found probably the only XS white v neck in decent condition. Mine had a small brown stain near the V neck. But I decided BLEACH will fix this and grabbed this.

I only bought these two items and do not recommend going unless you want to waste your time. I put down so much stuff while waiting in line to pay. I'd wait for the next sale (which hopefully won't carry as much damaged items.) I should have also looked for some bandeau tops, but the mess in the baby/lingerie/sock area was too much for me to handle. I saw girls waiting in line ahead of me contemplating if they should buy dresses or shirts with cuts and defects. $15 for a dress with a hole in it? $20 for a pen marked skirt? $12 for a lace bodysuit with holes in it? No thank you. Not at a warehouse sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment