Sunday, March 27, 2011

Asos Review - Canada


I do not recommend ordering from ASOS if you're from Canada. Only because of heavy duty taxes. Clothes and styles on Asos.com are amazing and there's an incredible selection. Asos is probably one of my favorite online shopping sites. The free shipping lured me in but don't free shipping get to you! I got hit by duty taxes I placed a $40 order and got taxed PST and GST with an additional 18% duty and a $5 handling fee from CBSA for a total of almost $20. Getting taxed for half the price of the items I got is ridiculous! Good thing everything I ordered was on sale and was still decently priced once I included the duty into the price. I won't be reordering from ASOS again unless there's something I deem worthy of all this hassle.

Shipping for my first order took more than a month! It got lost and they had to send another order to me. I was fed up with the wait and when it got to my house with a $36 duty, I declined the package. My 2nd package was better. I placed my 2nd order two weeks after my 1st order and it came within a week! It got here before my 1st order. I wasn't impressed with the lost package.

I suggest sparing the disappointment of receiving the package with a duty fee and just order off another site. Unless you're someone who doesn't mind getting taxed 18%...unless ASOS decides to cover Canadian duty fees too, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going through the same thing right now! I placed an order on November 17 thinking it would have plenty of time to get here for my birthday party this weekend on December 15. The ETA was November 29. As if that wasn't bad enough, the price dropped from $75 to $37. SoOo incredibly disappointed!

    ReplyDelete